Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results
Archives & Manuscripts

Swarthmore College

 Organization

Found in 1 Collection or Record:

WSRN (Radio Station) Records

 Collection
Identifier: SFHL-RG6-Q011
Overview The Swarthmore College Radio Club, founded before 1933, was reorganized in 1939. It was open to all students interested in short wave radio communication. The club had its own transmitter and operated station W3YJ, affiliated with the American Radio Relay League. In 1940, the Radio Club began to sponsor the Swarthmore Network, a wired wireless station on the commercial broadcast band. The station acquired its current call letters, WSRN, sometime before 1952; it was a member of the...
Dates: 1957-1997