Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results
Archives & Manuscripts

Du Bois, W. E. B. (William Edward Burghardt), 1868-1963

 Person

Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:

Devere Allen Papers

 Collection
Identifier: SCPC-DG-053
Abstract Author, editor, journalist and lecturer; advocate of internationalist pacifism; influential member of the Socialist Party in the 1930s; genealogist; recorder of Rhode Island history and lore; named Harold Devere Allen.

Branson-Jackson Family Papers

 Collection
Identifier: SFHL-RG5-016
Overview Anna M. Jackson and her daughter, Anna M. (Jackson Branson) Theiss, were Quaker activists in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Anna M. Jackson was very involved in reform activities in New York City. She served as Chairman of the Women's Prison Reform Committee, and was also involved in the Women's Municipal League and the Political Study Club. Her daughter, Anna Morris Jackson, attended Swarthmore College for two years, and in 1909 earned a B.S. in Education from Columbia University. Anna was...

Dorothy Detzer Papers

 Collection
Identifier: SCPC-DG-086
Abstract Dorothy Detzer was a peace activist, writer, and lobbyist. She served as the National Executive Secretary of the U.S. Section of the Women's International League for Peace and Freedom, 1924-1946.. Detzer influenced a Congressional investigation of the munitions industry, 1934-1936, and later wrote the book Appointment on the Hill, 1948, describing her two decades in Washington, D.C.

Emergency Peace Campaign Records

 Collection
Identifier: SCPC-DG-012
Abstract Initiated in late 1935 by the American Friends Service Committee and other pacifists; originally planned as a two-year campaign to rally peace, religious, labor, African-American and student groups; aim was to organize a national campaign to promote peace principles in the face of preparation for war in Europe, and to keep the United States out of war; may have been preceded by the Emergency Peace Committee (1931-1933), though this has not been documented. The first EPC office opened in...