Wharton, William, 1830-1907
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Overview Friends' Central School was founded in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, as a Quaker secondary school by a Joint Committee of three Hicksite monthly meetings (Society of Friends). It was first located at 4th and Cherry Sts. In 1857, it was moved to 15th and Race Sts., and in 1925, it was moved to its present location in Overbrook, Pa. The current academic program includes grades K-12. The collection contains minutes of the Friends' Central School and Friends' Central School System and related papers.