Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results
Archives & Manuscripts

SFHL/FHL/RG4. Organizational Records

 Record Group Term
Identifier: SFHL/FHL/RG4
Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College holds the records of many organizations that were established by or largely under the direction of members of the Society of Friends.

Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:

Friends' Publishing Corporation

 Collection
Identifier: SFHL-RG4-033
Overview The primary activity of the Friends' Publishing Corporation is Friends Journal, a Quaker periodical. The latter was the successor to The Friend, the serial published by the Orthodox Quakers (1827-1955) and Friends Intelligencer, published by the Hicksite Quakers (1844-1955). It was established as a result of the merger of the two Philadelphia Yearly Meetings, and the first consolidated issue was dated July 2, 1955. Originally published weekly and then bi-weekly, it became a monthly periodical...

Friends World Committee for Consultation. Section of the Americas Records

 Collection
Identifier: SFHL-RG1
Overview A Friends World Conference Committee, sponsored by the Fellowship Council of the American Friends Service Committee, was established in 1932 to promote better understanding among Friends world wide. The representatives at the Second World Conference of Friends, held at Swarthmore and Haverford Colleges, Pa., in 1937, approved the establishment of a continuing international organization, a Friends World Committee, to promote international contacts and cooperation among Friends. In 1958, it was...

Pendle Hill (School : Wallingford, Pa.) Records

 Collection
Identifier: SFHL-RG4-066
Overview Pendle Hill is a Quaker study center located in Wallingford, Pennsylvania. It was established in 1930 out of an earlier Quaker school and study center, the Woolman School. The Woolman School was established in 1915 under the care of the General Conference Committee of the Seven Yearly Meetings (Hicksite). In 1917, it was reorganized as a joint enterprise of Hicksite and Orthodox Friends, governed by a Board of Managers. The Woolman School was incorporated in 1918. In 1928, it was reorganized as...