SFHL/FHL/RG4. Organizational Records
Record Group Term
Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College holds the records of many organizations that were established by or largely under the direction of members of the Society of Friends.
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Overview Minutes and financial records for the "Here a Little, There a Little" Chapter of the King's Daughters, an international Christian philanthropic association. Records are dated from the 1892-1975, with gaps. While this New York chapter was primarily Quaker, the association itself was evangelical Christian in orientation, with Baptist and Congregationalist membership in other parts of the world. Members gathered to read Bible passages, discuss Lenten observance, and perform philanthropic work. The...
Overview The Friends Employment Society was founded in 1862 in New York City by Hicksite women as the Women's Association of Friends for the Employment and Relief by Clothing of the Suffering Poor. Incorporated in 1902, it provided employment for the working poor by providing sewing projects. In 1948 it revised its charter to state its purpose of giving help to needy people, through contributions to other charitable organizations. This collection contains minutes and...
Overview This small collection contains the minutes of the Gasport branch of the Woman's Christian Temperance Union, 1912-1927, and financial records, 1927-1967. While the group was non-sectarian, many of its members belonged to Hartland (Gasport) Monthly Meeting.