SFHL/FHL/RG4. Organizational Records
Record Group Term
Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College holds the records of many organizations that were established by or largely under the direction of members of the Society of Friends.
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Overview Media Friends Association, a Quaker study and social group, was established in 1894 in Media, Pennsylvania, by members of Providence Preparative Meeting (Hicksite). The goal of the Association was to further discussion and knowledge of the history and testimonies of Friends, and the meetings, which included reports, papers, and readings, were open to all who were interested. The collection contains one volume of minutes, with constitution and by-laws included.
Overview Pendle Hill is a Quaker study center located in Wallingford, Pennsylvania. It was established in 1930 out of an earlier Quaker school and study center, the Woolman School. The Woolman School was established in 1915 under the care of the General Conference Committee of the Seven Yearly Meetings (Hicksite). In 1917, it was reorganized as a joint enterprise of Hicksite and Orthodox Friends, governed by a Board of Managers. The Woolman School was incorporated in 1918. In 1928, it was reorganized as...
Overview The Harned was a non-profit boarding home for the elderly in Moylan, PA, under the care of Media Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. It operated under the direction of The Harned Committee. It was established in 1940 through the bequest of Quaker sisters, Phebe and Katherine Harned, and laid down in 1994. The collection contains minutes and reports, admission and financial papers, and other related information.