SFHL/SCA. Swarthmore College Archives
The Friends Historical Library collects, preserves, and provides access to the institutional archives of Swarthmore College.
Creator: Swarthmore College
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Overview The Swarthmore College Radio Club, founded before 1933, was reorganized in 1939. It was open to all students interested in short wave radio communication. The club had its own transmitter and operated station W3YJ, affiliated with the American Radio Relay League. In 1940, the Radio Club began to sponsor the Swarthmore Network, a wired wireless station on the commercial broadcast band. The station acquired its current call letters, WSRN, sometime before 1952; it was a member of the...