Jesse Herman Holmes Papers
Scope and Contents
- Holmes, Jesse Herman, 1864-1942 (Person)
Limitations on Accessing the Collection
Copyright and Rights Information
Biographical / Historical
Jesse and Rebecca had three children, Elizabeth Webb, Robert Sinclair, and Jesse Herman Holmes Jr. [III]. Elizabeth died at 16 of complications from diabetes. The family lived in Swarthmore, and Jesse attended Swarthmore Meeting. He died in 1942.
- TIME LINE
- 1864 Born in Iowa
- 1892 Married Rebecca Webb
- 1892-1899 Taught at Sidwell Friends School and George School
- 1899 Studied in Oxford
- 1899-19237 Taught at Swarthmore College
- 1942 Died, 1942
0.5 Linear Feet (1 box)
- Tape records
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Eleanor Stabler Clarke, 1966.
Gift of unknown donor, 1970 and earlier.
Gift of William H. Cleveland, Jr., 1970.
Gift of George W. Stewart, 1975.
Gift of Albert J. Wahl, 1979.
This collection was compiled from various sources.
- Wahl, Albert. Jesse Herman Holmes, A Quaker's Affirmation for Man. BX7796 +.H765 W2
- An Inventory of the Jesse Herman Holmes Papers, 1905-1973
- FHL staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Encoding made possible by a grant by the Gladys Kriebel Delmas Foundation to the Philadelphia Consortium of Special Collections Libraries
Find It at the Library
Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College Library
500 College Avenue
Swarthmore Pennsylvania 19081 USA