O. Edward Janney (Oliver Edward) Papers
Scope and Contents
Limitations on Accessing the Collection
Copyright and Rights Information
Biographical / Historical
2.25 Linear Feet (5 boxes)
- Correspondence, 1874-1945
- Writings and speeches
- Financial and legal papers
- Reference material
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Rebecca Janney Timbres Clark, 1972
The collection was given by Rebecca Janney Timbres Clark Taylor and the children of Eleanor Janney Jones. Rebecca Janney Timbres Clark Taylor and Eleanor Janney Jones were daughters of O. Edward and Anne B. Webb Janney. Rebecca Janney Timbres Clark (Taylor) gave additional papers in 1972.
- The COL Book, 250th Anniversary celebration of founding of Baltimore Yearly Meeting (1672-1922).
- “Religious Views of the Society of Friends”, by Howard M. Jenkins, a paper read at the World's Congress of Religions at Chicago, 9/19/1893.
- “The Teacher as a Missionary of Peace,” address by Andrew Stevenson, 8 mo 1904. Reprinted from The Friends' Intelligencer, 10mo 15, 1904.
- “Higher Education and Peace”, paper by David Ferris, read at Swarthmore Meeting, 4 mo 23, 1905. Reprint from The Friends' Intelligence
- “Suggestions for Workers in The Society of Friends.” General Conference Advancement Committee, Phila., 1914.
- Devonshire House, by William Beck, London, Headley Bros., 1908.
- “Ideals and Experiences of Extension Work”, by E. Maria Bishop. Paper read at Scalby, June 24, 1908.
- “The Place of Religion in Education,” by President Swain of Swarthmore College, paper read at Friends General Conference, Ocean Grove, N. J., 7mo 18, 1910.
- “A Plea to the People of Canada from the Society of Friends at Coldstream, Ont.” Jan. 1916.
- Woolman School, Swarthmore, Pa., announcements, 1918-1919.
- Book List Prepared and Printed by The Department of Proper Publications of Friends General Conference, 1mo 1918.
- “To All Who Bear the Name of Friend,” epistle from London Yearly Meeting, 5mo 22 to 29, 1918.
- A Handbook of the Principles of the Religious Society of Friends. Revised and republished by the Advancement Committee of Friends General Conference, 1925.
- Janney, O. Edward (Oliver Edward), 1856-1930 (Person)
- American Friends Service Committee (Contributor, Organization)
- Friends General Conference (U.S.) Advancement Committee (Contributor, Organization)
- Baltimore Yearly Meeting of Friends (Hicksite: 1828-1968) (Contributor, Organization)
- Woolman School (Swarthmore, Pa.) (Contributor, Organization)
- Janney, Anne W. (Anne Webb), 1861-1933 (Contributor, Person)
- Janney, O. Edward (Oliver Edward), 1856-1930 (Contributor, Person)
- Wilson, Woodrow, 1856-1924 (Contributor, Person)
- Brosius, Samuel M., 1851-1938 (Contributor, Person)
- Shaw, Anna Howard, 1847-1919 (Contributor, Person)
- Forbush, Bliss, 1896-1990 (Contributor, Person)
- Pickett, Clarence, 1884-1965 (Contributor, Person)
- Grubb, Edward, 1854-1939 (Contributor, Person)
- Powell, Aaron M. (Aaron Macy), 1832-1899 (Contributor, Person)
- Walton, J. Barnard (Joseph Barnard), 1885-1963 (Contributor, Person)
- Walton, George A. (George Arthur), 1883- (Contributor, Person)
- An Inventory of the O. Edward Janney Papers, 1874-1945
- FHL staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Encoding made possible by a grant by the Gladys Kriebel Delmas Foundation to the Philadelphia Consortium of Special Collections Libraries
Find It at the Library
Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College Library
500 College Avenue
Swarthmore Pennsylvania 19081 USA