Skip to main content
Archives & Manuscripts

New History Society Collected Records

 Collection
Identifier: SCPC-CDG-A-New History Society

Dates

  • 1930-1942

Extent

0.42 Linear Feet (5 linear in.)

Biographical / Historical

The New History Society was organized in New York City in 1929 as a western-hemisphere center of Bahaism by Mirza Ahmad Sohrab (at one time a secretary to Abdul Baha), and Mr. and Mrs. Lewis Stuyvesant Chanler. The New History Society was ecumenical, international, interracial and pacifist. The Green International movement was its pacifist-environmentalist subsidiary. "Caravans" were established in the 1930s, divided into junior and senior sections.

General Note

The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is not the official repository for the records of this organization.
Description rules
dacs

Find It at the Library

Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting Swarthmore College Peace Collection Library

Contact:
500 College Avenue
Swarthmore 19081-1399 USA US
610-328-8557
610-328-8544 (Fax)