Skip to main content
Archives & Manuscripts

Philadelphia Women for Peace Collected Records

 Collection
Identifier: SCPC-CDG-A-Philadelphia Women for Peace

Dates

  • 1951-1954

Biographical / Historical

Philadelphia Women for Peace, active in the early 1950s, was a racially integrated organization, composed mainly of church women whose desire for peace, justice and harmony broke many traditional stereotypes. They were against development of atomic weapons, held rallies, petitioned Congress against the draft, and worked for a constructive peace economy.

Extent

0.08 Linear Feet (1 linear in.)

Language

English

General Note

The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is not the official repository for the records of this organization.
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
Undetermined
Script of description
Code for undetermined script

Find It at the Library

Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting Swarthmore College Peace Collection Library

Contact:
500 College Avenue
Swarthmore 19081-1399 USA US
610-328-8557
610-328-8544 (Fax)