Skip to main content
Archives & Manuscripts

People's Lobby Collected Records

 Collection
Identifier: SCPC-CDG-A-People's Lobby

Dates

  • 1928-1949

Biographical / Historical

The People's Lobby was an organization which campaigned for legislation favorable to people of low incomes and little influence. It advocated the "public ownership of natural resources, natural monopolies, and basic industries". The philosopher John Dewey was associated with the People's Lobby from the late 1920s until about 1939. Its Executive Secretary was Benjamin C. Marsh and its President was James H. McGill. It joined the peace movement in opposing American imperialism and universal military training in peacetime, following World War II. The People's Lobby's headquarters were in Washington, D.C.

Extent

0.21 Linear Feet (2.5 linear in.)

Language

English

General Note

The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is not the official repository for the records of this organization.
Language of description
Undetermined
Script of description
Code for undetermined script

Find It at the Library

Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting Swarthmore College Peace Collection Library

Contact:
500 College Avenue
Swarthmore 19081-1399 USA US
610-328-8557
610-328-8544 (Fax)