Skip to main content

World Fellowship Center Collected Records

 Collection
Identifier: SCPC-CDG-A-World Fellowship Center

Dates

  • 1924-
  • Majority of material found within 1939-1989

Biographical / Historical

In the early 1920s the movement to encourage post-war world brotherhood and understanding led to the formation of a number of organizations, among them the Union of East and West (1921), the League of Neighbors (1922) and Fellowship of Faiths (1924). The World Fellowship of Faiths was the successor to these organizations. The First International Assembly was held in 1933-1934. Charles F. Weller was the founder. Willard E. Uphaus joined the group in 1953; he became known for his arrest for non-cooperation with the House Un-American Activities Committee. In the 1960s, the name changed to World Fellowship Center. It sponsored a summer encampment open to all with no racial, religious or ethnic restrictions.

Extent

0.21 Linear Feet (2.5 linear in.)

Language

English

General Note

The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is not the official repository for the records of this organization.
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin

Find It at the Library

Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting Swarthmore College Peace Collection Library

Contact:
500 College Avenue
Swarthmore 19081-1399 USA US
610-328-8557
610-328-8544 (Fax)