Skip to main content

Centre Quarterly Meeting Records

 Collection
Identifier: QM-B-C375

Scope and Contents

Records of Centre Quarterly Meeting, 1835-1994. Includes men's and joint minutes 1835-1994 and women's minutes 1835-85.

Dates

  • 1835-1994

Creator

Language of Materials

Records in English

Limitations on Accessing the Collection

Collection is open for research. Access may be provided via digital or microfilm copy, per repository policy.

Copyright and Rights Information

Information on reproduction policies available in the Library.

Biographical / Historical

Centre Quarterly Meeting was established by Baltimore Yearly Meeting (Hicksite) in 5mo 1835 at Dunnings Creek, with monthly meetings at Dunnings Creek, Centre, and West Branch. The Orthodox Yearly Meeting established Dunnings Creek Quarterly Meeting in 1839, composed of Dunnings Creek, Centre, and, by 1899, Curwensville; Dunnings Creek Quarterly Meeting was laid down in 1919.

Extent

0.25 Linear Feet

Arrangement

Divided into series: 1.Men's and Joint Minutes; 2.Women's minutes.

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Deposit, Baltimore Yearly Meeting.

Existence and Location of Copies

Also available in microfilm, for use in the Library only: MR-B98.

General

Vol. 1.3 includes memorials of Mary J. Miller, W. Dorsey Blackburn, Uriah Blackburn. Vol. 2.1 includes extracts of minutes from men's monthly meeting (1910, 1916).
Title
RECORDS OF CENTRE QUARTERLY MEETING
Subtitle
A Finding Aid for its Records Deposited in Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College
Date
2005
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
English

Find It at the Library

Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College Library