Skip to main content

Dunnings Creek Half-Years and Quarterly Meetings (Orthodox) Records

 Collection
Identifier: QM-B-D869

Scope and Contents

Records of Dunnings Creek Half-Years and Quarterly Meetings, 1839-1911. Includes men's and joint minutes 1892-1899, women's minutes 1840-1891, and worship & ministry and its predecessors 1844-1876, 1900-1911.

Dates

  • 1839-1911

Creator

Language of Materials

Records in English

Limitations on Accessing the Collection

Collection is open for research. Access may be provided via digital or microfilm copy, per repository policy.

Copyright and Rights Information

Information on reproduction policies available in the Library.

Biographical / Historical

Dunnings Creek Quarterly Meeting was established in 1839 composed of Dunnings Creek Monthly Meeting, Centre Monthly Meeting, and by 1899, Curwensville Monthly Meeting. In 1909 this quarterly meeting changed to Dunnings Creek Half-Years Meeting. Curwensville Monthly Meeting was laid down in 1914 and attached its membership to Centre Monthly Meeting, and Dunnings Creek Monthly Meeting was renamed Fishertown Monthly Meeting. Dunnings Creek Half-Years Meeting was laid down in 1919 and membership joined to Baltimore Quarterly Meeting.

Extent

0.25 Linear Feet

Arrangement

Divided into series: 1.Men's and Joint Minutes; 2.Women's Minutes; 3.Worship & Ministry and its Predecessors.

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Deposit, Baltimore Yearly Meeting.
Title
RECORDS OF DUNNINGS CREEK HALF-YEARS AND QUARTERLY MEETINGS (ORTHODOX)
Subtitle
A Finding Aid for its Records Deposited in Haverford College Quaker Collection
Date
2009
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
English

Find It at the Library

Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College Library