Skip to main content

Newberry Preparative Meeting Records

 Collection
Identifier: QM-B-N494

Scope and Contents

Records of Newberry Preparative Meeting, 1811, 1935, and n.d. Includes financial and property records 1811, and miscellaneous 1935 and n.d.

Dates

  • 1811-1935

Creator

Language of Materials

Records in English

Limitations on Accessing the Collection

Collection is open for research. Access may be provided via digital or microfilm copy, per repository policy.

Copyright and Rights Information

Information on reproduction policies available in the Library.

Biographical / Historical

Friends in Manchester and Newberry Townships, "west side of the Susquehanna," obtained permission from Sadsbury Monthly Meeting to hold a meeting for worship in 1738. Newberry Preparative Meeting became a part of the Warrington Monthly Meeting when the latter was set off in 1747. It was informally known as Redlands. In 1861, Warrington Monthly Meeting was laid down, and Newberry Preparative Meeting became a part of Menallen Monthly Meeting. Newberry meeting was laid down in 1867.

Extent

1 Linear Feet

Arrangement

Divided into series: 1.Financial and Property Records; 2.Miscellaneous.

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Deposit, Baltimore Yearly Meeting.

Existence and Location of Copies

Also available in microfilm, for use in the Library only: MR-B

General

Volume 6.2 contains sketches and short pieces of Newberry (Redlands), Warrington, Huntington and Menallen Meetings that were published in the West Shore Times.
Title
RECORDS OF NEWBERRY PREPARATIVE MEETING
Subtitle
A Finding Aid for its Records Deposited in Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College
Date
2005
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
English

Find It at the Library

Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College Library