Skip to main content
Archives & Manuscripts

Haddonfield Quarterly Meeting Records

 Collection
Identifier: QM-Ph-H350

Scope and Contents

Records of Haddonfield Quarterly Meeting, 1795-1990, include: men's meeting minutes, 1795-1827; Hicksite men's meeting and joint session minutes, 1827-1954; Orthodox and United men’s meeting and joint session minutes, 1827-1990; women's minutes, 1795-1814, with Salem Quarterly women's minutes; minute book of the Orthodox women's meeting, 1815-1919; minutes of the Hicksite women's meeting, 1827-1903; ministers and elders minutes, 1795-1819; Orthodox ministers and elders minutes, 1819-1953; Hicksite ministers and elders minutes, 1828-1930; minutes of the United meeting for worship and ministry, 1947-1976 (including minutes of the Hicksite meeting for Ministry and Counsel, 1947-1952, & minutes of Ministers and Elders of Haddonfield and Salem Quarterly Meeting (Orthodox) & Ministry and Counsel of Haddonfield Quarterly Meeting (Hicksite), 1947-1954, minutes of the United Meeting of Worship and Ministry, 1954-1976); financial records, 1951-1953; property records, 1715-1948; FDSU minutes, 1870-1920; Friends Boarding House Committee minutes, 1896-1989; miscellaneous papers, 1837-1913.

Dates

  • 1795-1999

Limitations on Accessing the Collection

Collection is open for research. Access may be provided via digital or microfilm copy, per repository policy.

Copyright and Rights Information

Copyright has not been assigned to the Repositories All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to the individual Meeting or its successor. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Repositories as the holder(s) of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by reader.

Biographical / Historical

Haddonfield Quarterly Meeting was established in 1794 by Philadelphia Yearly Meeting out of a division of Gloucester and Salem [Salem] Quarterly Meeting. Its first business sessions opened in 1795. In 1904, the Orthodox quarterly meeting merged with Salem Quarterly Meeting to form Haddonfield and Salem Quarterly Meeting. After three years of meeting in joint session, Haddonfield and Salem Quarterly Meeting merged with Haddonfield Quarterly Meeting (Hicksite) in 1954 to form a united quarterly meeting known as Haddonfield Quarterly Meeting.

Extent

4.5 Linear Feet

Language

English

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Deposit
Title
RECORDS OF HADDONFIELD QUARTERLY MEETING AND HADDONFIELD AND SALEM QUARTERLY MEETING
Subtitle
A Finding Aid for its Meeting Records Deposited in Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College and Haverford College Library Quaker Collection
Date
2011
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
Undetermined
Script of description
Code for undetermined script
Language of description note
English

Find It at the Library

Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College Library