Rahway and Plainfield Monthly Meeting Records
Scope and Contents
An inventory of the Hicksite and post-Reunification Meeting records may be found with the finding aids for New York Yearly Meeting at the Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College.
- Rahway and Plainfield Monthly Meeting of Friends (Orthodox : 1827-1910 : Rahway, N.J.) (Organization)
Limitations on Accessing the Collection
Copyright and Rights Information
Biographical / Historical
The Orthodox monthly meeting was transferred to Burlington Quarterly Meeting in 1857. It was discontinued in 1910 by Burlington and Bucks Quarterly Meeting, and its members were attached to Chesterfield Monthly Meeting (Orthodox).
The Hicksite monthly meeting was transferred to New York Yearly Meeting (Hicksite) in 1833. From 1892 to 1909, the name of this meeting was "Plainfield Monthly Meeting." After 1909, the name of the meeting returned to "Rahway and Plainfield."
Rahway and Plainfield Monthly Meeting is still an active meeting in Plainfield, New Jersey.
3 Linear Feet
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- RECORDS OF RAHWAY AND PLAINFIELD MONTHLY MEETING (ORTHODOX : RAHWAY, NJ)
- A Finding Aid for its Meeting Records Deposited in Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Find It at the Library
Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College Library