Scope and Contents
Records of Woodbury Monthly Meeting, 1702-ongoing, as follows: pre-Separation, Hicksite, Orthodox (to 1922), and United men's & joint minutes, 1785-2004, Orthodox women's minutes, 1785-1902, Hicksite women's minutes, 1827-1893, pre-Separation and Orthodox marriages, 1786-1927, Hicksite marriages, 1828-1916, pre-Separation and Orthodox births & burials, Hicksite burials, 1852-1832, pre-Separation and Hicksite Ministers & Elders minutes, 1805-1921, financial records, records of Woodbury Friends School and Woodbury First-day School, and miscellaneous papers.
Copyright and Rights Information
Copyright has not been assigned to the Repositories All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to the individual Meeting or its successor. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Repositories as the holder(s) of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by reader.
Biographical / Historical
Woodbury Monthly Meeting was established in 1784 by Salem Quarterly Meeting. The first business sessions were held in 1785.
The Orthodox monthly meeting was transferred to Haddonfield and Salem Quarterly Meeting in 1904. In 1954, Upper Greenwich Preparative Meeting withdrew from Woodbury Monthly (Hicksite) to form Mickleton Monthly Meeting. The monthly meeting then merged with Woodbury Monthly Meeting (Orthodox) to form the current Woodbury Monthly Meeting. A First-day School and bible class were organized at Woodbury in 1875.