Skip to main content

Upper Susquehanna Quarterly Meeting Records

 Collection
Identifier: QM-Ph-U670

Scope and Contents

Records of the Upper Susquehanna Quarterly Meeting and its predecessors, Millville-Muncy Quarterly Meeting of Friends, Half Yearly Meeting of Friends held at Millville (Hicksite) and Fishing Creek Half-Yearly Meeting, 1834-ongoing, include: Hicksite men's (and joint) minutes, 1834-1996; Hicksite women's minutes, 1834-1893; Hicksite Ministry and Counsel minutes, 1836-1898; miscellaneous papers and newsletter.

Dates

  • 1834-1996

Creator

Limitations on Accessing the Collection

Collection is open for research. Access may be provided via digital or microfilm copy, per repository policy.

Copyright and Rights Information

Copyright has not been assigned to the Repositories All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to the individual Meeting or its successor. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Repositories as the holder(s) of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by reader.

Biographical / Historical

Fishing Creek Half-Yearly Meeting was established by Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (Hicksite) in 1834 for meetings in Columbia and Lycoming Counties in Pennsylvania. These meetings were previously part of Philadelphia Quarterly Meeting. The Separation did not affect the meetings in this area until 1829-1830. The Orthodox meetings remained with Philadelphia Quarterly Meeting (Orthodox). In 1919, Fishing Creek Half-Yearly Meeting changed its name to Millville Half-Yearly Meeting. In 1955, Millville Half Yearly Meeting (Hicksite) and the Orthodox meetings of Philadelphia Quarterly Meeting in this area became Millville-Muncy Quarterly Meeting. The name of this meeting was changed again to Upper Susquehanna Quarterly Meeting in 1984.

Extent

2 Linear Feet

Language

English

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Deposit
Title
RECORDS OF UPPER SUSQUEHANNA QUARTERLY MEETING AND MILVILLE HALF-YEAR MEETING
Subtitle
A Finding Aid for its Meeting Records Deposited in Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College
Date
2003
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
English

Find It at the Library

Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College Library