Young Friends Movement (Joint) Records
Scope and Contents
Young Friends Movement records after 1975 at Haverford can be found with the records of the Religious Education Committee of PYM.
Records specific to either the Young Friends Committee (Orthodox) or Young Friends Movement (Joint) are catalogued under those respective headings.
Limitations on Accessing the Collection
Copyright and Rights Information
Biographical / Historical
The Young Friends Movement of PYM (Hicksite) was officially organized in 1916 and recognized by the Yearly Meeting two years later. The Young Friends Committee (Orthodox), having met informally since 1912, was recognized by the Yearly meeting in 1925. In 1930 (25 years before the reunification of the two Philadelphia Yearly Meetings), these groups merged officially to form the Young Friends Movement (Joint).
In May, 1975, after a long period of evaluation, Young Friends Movement merged with the Religious Education Committee.
15.75 Linear Feet
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- American Young Friends Fellowship
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of Friends (Hicksite : 1827-1955)
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of Friends (Hicksite : 1827-1955). Young Friends Movement (1916-1930)
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of Friends (Orthodox : 1827-1955)
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of Friends (Orthodox : 1827-1955). Young Friends Committee (1925-1930)
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Religious Education Committee
- Religious life -- Society of Friends
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania
- Young Friends Movement (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Youth -- Religious life
- YOUNG FRIENDS MOVEMENT (Joint) OF THE PHILADELPHIA YEARLY MEETING
- A Finding Aid for its Records Deposited in the Haverford College Library Quaker Collection
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (Society of Friends: 1676- : Delaware County, Pa.).
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Find It at the Library
Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College Library