Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Overview Primarily the letters of the interconnected Philadelphia-area Quaker families, Allen and Roberts in the period 1846-1931. The predominant letter writers are Sarah H. Roberts Allen and her daughter, Susan Janney Allen and Lillie Allen, as well as Lizzie Roberts, though there are a considerable number from Samuel Allen, inventor of some agricultural tools as well as the "flexible flyer" sled.
Overview Contains the papers of the Allen Family, a Quaker family of Philadelphia and Delaware County, Pennsylvania, which traced its ancestry back to one of William Penn's commissioners. Includes papers relating to the Allen and related Breidenhart, Casdorp, Gibbons, Hubley, Jacobs, Matlack, and Samuel families. The Allen family papers contain extensive genealogical material, family correspondence, journals and memorials which provide excellent source material on Quaker family life in the 19th century...
Overview Wilmer Atkinson (1840-1920) of Philadelphia, Pa., was a Quaker journalist and editor and publisher of the Farm Journal. He was active in social concerns, especially suffrage for women. The scrapbooks in this collection were compiled by his daughter, Gertrude Atkinson (1874-1948). The collection includes scrapbooks containing clippings and memorabilia concerning the Atkinson, Allen, and related families, and a typed copy of a journal which Wilmer Atkinson kept in 1917 concerning the War.
Abstract The collection contains family correspondence (4 ALsS), genealogical notes, and bible records. It includes family correspondence received by Rebecca Clark, 1804-1806, before her marriage to John Humphrey. One letter is from her sister Elizabeth and the other letters were written by her mother Bathsheba Clark. Bathsheba mentions caring for a grandchild with smallpox and various needlework projects. The genealogical information includes pages from a family bible, research on the Allen, Clark, and...
Scope and Contents The Society for Home Culture records includes four volumes: three volumes of minutes, which include tipped in annual reports, and lists of students with the subject they studied, by year; and one volume of a list of books to be studied, which includes the name of items, sometimes a brief description of the item, and the date of publication.
- Names: Allen family X
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 3
- Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections 2
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 3
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 2
- Adult education of women 1
- Buck Hill Falls (Pa.) 1
- Delaware County (Pa.) -- Genealogy 1
- Delaware County (Pa.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Education -- United States 1
- Farming -- Records 1
- Pennsylvania -- Genealogy 1
- Pennsylvania -- History -- Sources 1
- Philadelphia (Pa.) -- Genealogy 1
- Philadelphia (Pa.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Quakers 1
- Quakers -- Correspondence 1
- Quakers -- Education 1
- Quakers -- United States 1
- Quakers -- World War, 1914–1918 1
- Society of Friends -- Education 1
- Women -- Education 1
- Women -- Education -- Pennsylvania 1
- biographies (documents) 1
- deeds 1
- diaries 1
- genealogies (histories) 1
- journals (accounts) 1
- scrapbooks 1 ∧ less