Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract This collection includes Isaac T. Hopper's original and photocopied letters and his letterbook. Much of the material concerns his bookselling business and the Hicksite separation. He relates news of figures central to the controversy, including Elisha Bates, Elias Hicks, and Anna Braithwaite. Also included is Hopper's copy of the book, The History of the Life of Thomas Elwood.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1833-1902 [ 1833-1845]
Abstract Contains correspondence concerning the gift of Dr. John Unthank of Limerick, Ireland, of £1,000, to be divided between two concerns: first, to the Ohio, Indiana and Baltimore Yearly Meetings to be applied by them through their Indian committees toward promoting the so-called civilization and Christian instruction of Native Americans; and, secondly£250 each to Indiana and Ohio Yearly Meetings toward establishing boarding schools for the children of members. Samuel Parsons of New York Yearly...
- Names: Bates, Elisha, 1781-1861 X
- Bookstores -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Church work with Indians 1
- Society of Friends -- Education 1
- Society of Friends -- Hicksite separation 1
- Society of Friends -- Indian affairs 1
- Braithwaite, Anna, 1788-1859 1
- Hicks, Elias, 1748-1830 1
- Hopper, Isaac T. (Isaac Tatem), 1771-1852 1
- New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends (Orthodox : 1828-1955). Meeting for Sufferings 1
- Parsons, Samuel, 1774-1841 1
- Unthank, John, 1754-1840 1 ∧ less