Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract This correspondence is among members of the Carter family. Letters mostly concern family news. One letter from John to Sarah in 1858 concerns an editorial in The Friend, a Quaker periodical, and the general feeling at that time concerning Friends in London.
Overview This collection contains materials collected and donated by Frank Evans, spanning the years 1776-1978. Included in the collection are the letters, inventories, business documents, stories, geneological records, photographs, and daguerreotypes of prominant Quaker families, the Smith, Evans, Carter, Cope, Waring, and Whiteall families.
Overview The papers of Quaker William Bacon Evans (1875-1964), a traveler to the Middle East, including Palestine, Syria and Lebanon and to Europe. His letters and journals are complemented by letters to him from a number of prominent people.
Overview The Quaker families of Jones and Cadbury were interrelated with many other Quaker families in the United States and England. This collection provides a rich source of genealogical and historical information, not only on the Jones and Cadbury families, and especially Mary Hoxie Jones (1904-2003) and Emma Cadbury Jr. (1875-1965), but also, significantly, on the Warder family, as well as the Bartram, Brown, Carter, Foulke, Kaighn, Lowry, Mennell, Pearsall, Shinn, and Shipley families.
Dates: ca. 1770-1994
Scope and Contents The Society for Home Culture records includes four volumes: three volumes of minutes, which include tipped in annual reports, and lists of students with the subject they studied, by year; and one volume of a list of books to be studied, which includes the name of items, sometimes a brief description of the item, and the date of publication.
- Names: Carter family X
- Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections 4
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 1
- Adult education of women 1
- American poetry -- Quaker authors 1
- Austria -- History -- 1918-1938 1
- Education -- United States 1
- Middle East -- Description and travel 1
- Quaker politicians 1
- Quakers -- Diaries 1
- Quakers -- Education 1
- Quakers -- Middle East 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 1
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 1
- Quakers in business 1
- Society of Friends -- Education 1
- Society of Friends -- Missions -- Lebanon 1
- Society of Friends -- Missions -- Syria 1
- Universities and colleges -- Pennsylvania -- Haverford 1
- Women -- Education 1
- Women -- Education -- Pennsylvania 1
- business records 1
- daguerreotypes (photographs) 1 ∧ less