Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract This collection includes printed and manuscript materials concerning the publication and sale of Comly's books, his probate records, and other papers relating to John Comly and his family. Also includes records of the Byberry & Andalusia (Turnpike) Road Company.
Overview Isaac Hicks (1767-1820) was a New York Quaker merchant. He established a large fleet of international trading vessels and financially helped to support his cousin, Edward Hicks (1780-1849), the Pennsylvania Quaker folk artist. Isaac Hicks traveled extensively with his cousin, Elias Hicks (1748-1830), the New York Quaker minister. The collection contains primarily the correspondence of Isaac Hicks, including letters from Isaac Hicks to his wife describing religious journeys taken with Elias...
Dates: 1798-ca. 1956 (bulk 1798-1818)
Abstract This collection includes the correspondence of David Seaman, primarily relating to the Hicksite controversy. Correspondents include Edward Hicks, Samuel Mott, Halliday Jackson, and John Comly.
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 2
- Hicksites 1
- Quaker abolitionists 1
- Quaker businesspeople 1
- Quakers -- New York (State) 1
- Quakers -- New York (State) -- Poughkeepsie 1
- Quakers -- New York (State) -- Westbury 1
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 1
- Quakers -- Songs and music 1
- Society of Friends -- Clergy 1
- Society of Friends -- Doctrines 1
- Society of Friends -- Hicksite separation 1
- Society of Friends -- New York (State) -- Nassau County 1 ∧ less
- Hicks, Edward, 1780-1849 2
- Hicks, Elias, 1748-1830 2
- Byberry & Andalusia Turnpike Road Company 1
- Fisher, Miers, 1748-1819 1
- Fisher, Samuel Rowland, 1745-1834 1