Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Overview Fair Hill Burial Ground was established on land bequeathed by George Fox in 1690 to Friends in Pennsylvania, including six acres "for a meeting house and school house and a burying place." Part of the land was set aside as a burial ground as early 1707, but there were few interments. In 1830, it was proposed that a burial ground be established for three Hicksite Philadelphia Monthly meetings, Philadelphia, Spruce Street, and Green Street. In 1985, the property was sold to Ephesians Baptist...
Abstract This collection consists of the papers of John Melchior Ogden, including newspaper clippings, letters and receipts, as well as notices from charitable associations such as the Carpenters' Company and the House of Refuge. Also included are letters to Charles Smith Ogden regarding the book, In Memoriam John Melchior Ogden, as well as reminiscences of Philadelphia in 1800 by Jesse Ogden, and an engraving of Fairhill Meeting House by Joseph Pennell.
- Names: Green Street Monthly Meeting of Friends (Philadelphia, Pa.). Fair Hill Friends' Meeting X
- Cemeteries -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1
- Philadelphia (Pa.) -- Description and travel 1
- Quaker cemeteries -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1
- Carpenters' Company of the City and County of Philadelphia 1
- Fair Hill Burial Ground 1
- Green Street Monthly Meeting of Friends (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- House of Refuge (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Monthly Meeting of Friends of Philadelphia (Hicksite) 1