Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Overview This collection contains two copies of the Annals of Haverford, one being the original manuscript version and the other a typed copy. The Annals was a contemporary account of the history of Haverford College, from its opening in 1833 through its first four years.
Overview William Canby's diary details his two years (1837-1839) as a student at Haverford College including extracurriculars, academics, weather, and social excursions.
Overview The collection is comprised of a variety of different records that pertain to the overall operations of the Haverford Loganian Society at Haverford College. The collection includes the Society's constitution and by-laws, membership registers, meeting minutes, the Collegian account books, and paper pertaining to garden, museum, and library projects.
Overview The diary covers Benjamin Hayes Smith’s time at Haverford and his expereinces during the American Civil War. Entries include informaiton on the Haverford Loganian Society (1856-1859), Haverford Euethean Association (1856-1859), the Haverfod Athenaeum (1856-1859), and the Battle of Stones River (December 31, 1862), in Tennessee.
Overview This collection contains the original manuscript and a typed copy of "Recollections of Haverford and After 1841-1857" by Thomas Stewardson (1829-1902). Some of the topics he discusses include: the Loganian Society, food, academics, insect collecting, and other reflections about life at Haverford College.
Overview This collection contains a notebook with essays by Troth, some that were read at society meetings or written for the Haverford publications, particularly the Collegian.
Overview William H.S. Wood's diary records the first five months of his time as a student of Haverford College. It contains information pertaining to his extracurricular activities, the weather, personal projects, and events around Haverford at the time.
- Names: Haverford Loganian Society X
- Haverford (Pa.) 5
- diaries 3
- manuscripts (documents) 2
- Academic rites and ceremonies 1
- Campus Planning -- Pennsylvania -- Haverford 1
- Debates and debating 1
- Debates and debating -- Societies, etc. 1
- Literature -- Societies, etc. 1
- Reports 1
- Science -- Societies, etc. 1
- Stones River, Battle of, Murfreesboro, Tenn., 1862-1863 1
- The Collegian 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Weather 1
- account books 1
- commonplace books 1
- essays 1
- minutes (administrative records) 1
- notebooks 1 ∧ less
- Canby, William, 1822-1897 1
- Haverford College. Athenaeum 1
- Haverford College. Henry Society 1
- Haverford College. Observatory 1
- Haverford Euethean Association 1
- Haverford Loganian Society. Library 1
- Haverford Loganian Society. Museum 1
- Penn Literary Society 1
- Smith, Benjamin Hayes 1
- Stewardson, Thomas, 1829-1902 1
- Troth, John Trimble, 1833-1860 1
- United States. Army. Pennsylvania Cavalry Regiment, 15th (1862-1865) 1
- Walton, Joseph, 1817-1898 1
- Wood, William H.S., 1849-1907 1 ∧ less