Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Scope and Contents Records of Philadelphia Monthly Meeting -- pre-Separation, Orthodox, and post-Reunification -- include: vital records, 1672-2000; men’s minutes, 1682-1978; women’s minutes, 1686-1926; financial records, 1683-1990; trustees’ records, 1683-1970; property records, 1683-1970; property committee records, 1697-1970; committee records, 1711-1970; miscellaneous papers, 1664-1974; Friends Select School records, 1832-1968; records of the Philadelphia Association for the Instruction of Poor Children,...
Scope and Contents This volume contains two sets of materials. The first is the minutes of the Friends' Reading Room Association, from 1835 - 1842, from the organization of the association, until its resolution. The minutes describe the ongoings of the association, including acquisitions and memberships. It also details the decision to close the library, and its dissolution. Samuel F. Troth was secretary for this association at that time. The second is a register of members of the Western District...
Scope and Contents Minutes of the men's meeting and later, of joint sessions with women; registers of births and deaths; marriage certificates; membership lists and registers; removals issued and received, and other vital records; women's minutes; ministers and elders' minutes; financial and property papers; minutes and other papers of the Race Street First Day School; records of the Library Association of Friends of Philadelphia; and other miscellaneous papers.
Abstract Richard Price's letters to fellow Hicksite Quaker John Watson provide a rich account of the Hicksite-Orthodox Separation with references and comments on many of the personalities involved: Elias Hicks, William Wharton, Jonathan Evans, as well as visiting Quaker ministers including George Truman, Lucretia Mott, Ann Jones, Mary and Susan Cox, and Martha Smith. Price also wrote a detailed account of the Proceedings of the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting, 1848. The collection contains a small number of...
Dates: 1826-1867-1826-1848 (bulk)
- Names: Monthly Meeting of Friends of Philadelphia X
- Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 2
- Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections 1
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 1
- Philadelphia (Pa.) -- Genealogy 2
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 2
- Church controversies -- Society of Friends 1
- Lay ministry -- Society of Friends 1
- Quakers 1
- Quakers -- Education 1
- Quakers -- History 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 1
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 1
- Society of Friends -- Correspondence 1
- Society of Friends -- Hicksite separation 1
- Society of Friends -- Schisms and separations 1
- Society of Friends -- United States -- History -- 19th century 1
- membership lists 1
- minutes (administrative records) 1 ∧ less