Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Abstract Includes: Kenneth Ives' correspondence regarding the Continuing Committee of Greater Unity, 1958-1961 and n.d.; minutes of the Continuing Committee on Greater Unity, 1958-1963; and information on the Gatherings of Friends, 1959-1964.
Dates: 1958-1964 & n.d
Overview Contains the papers of the Foster Family, a Wilburite New England Quaker family of Rhode Island, and the Meyers Family, conservative Orthodox Quakers of the Midwest. The families were united in 1924 by the marriage of Henry Cope Foster (1895-1987) of Warwick, Rhode Island, and Thyra Jane Meyers (1898-1984), born in West Branch, Iowa. The collection contains extensive personal correspondence of five generations of the Foster and Meyers families, school materials, diaries, writings, reminiscences...
Overview Fowler Orphanage (later Fowler Home for Girls) in Cairo, Egypt was founded in 1906 with money collected by John and Esther Fowler, both members of the Society of Friends. The Fowler Orphanage Association, afiliated with Ohio Yearly Meeting (Conservative), was formed in 1927 to provide support and met yearly until it was laid down in 1987. Collection includes minutes of the Association as well as related correspondence, financial records, and photographs.
Overview Edward F. Stratton (1876-1968) was a Quaker from Salem and Barnesville, Ohio. He served as Curator of the Salem Quarterly Meeting records and was Librarian of the Friends Society, Salem, Ohio. The collection contains historical and biographical information compiled by Edward F. Stratton about the Maule, Stratton, Williams, and related Ohio Quaker families, especially those involved in separations in Ohio Yearly Meeting. Of particular interest are Joshua's Maule's diaries and correspondence...
Scope and Contents Records of the Ohio and Indiana Yearly Meetings deposited in the collections of Friends Historical Library. Primarily include those of the Hicksite and Wilburite branches and their predecessors, but some Gurneyite materials are resprented in the collections as well.
Overview The Waltons were prominent Quakers in Philadelphia, Pa., and Belmont County, Ohio. Joseph Walton (1817-1898) taught at Westtown School, edited the Quaker periodical, The Friend, and served as Clerk of Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (Orthodox). His brother, Samuel Walton (1827-1899), moved to Ohio in 1847 and in 1854 married Sarah James Edgerton at Stillwater Monthly Meeting, the center of Wilburite Quakerism in Ohio. The family was deeply involved in matters relating to the Society of Friends....
Overview Benjamin F. Whitson (1867-1957) of Moylan, Delaware County, Pennsylvania, was a Quaker businessman. Whitson was active in Quaker affairs such as Friends World Conference in 1937 and the Fellowship of Reconciliation, and in Quaker concerns such as peace, temperance, and education. He was the son of Thomas H. and Phebe (Cooper) Whitson, and his family and extended family has deep Quaker associations. Both Benjamin Whitson and his father, were recognized as Quaker ministers and made visits to Ohio...
- Names: Ohio Yearly Meeting of Friends (Conservative : 1854- ) X
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 6
- Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 1
- Quakers -- Ohio 4
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 4
- Quakers -- Social service 3
- Church controversies -- Society of Friends 2
- Lay ministry -- Society of Friends 2
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 2
- Society of Friends -- Customs and practices 2
- Society of Friends -- History -- 19th century 2
- Society of Friends -- Ohio 2
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania 2
- Society of Friends -- Sermons 2
- Society of Friends -- Testimonies and concerns 2
- Society of Friends -- Wilburite controversy 2
- Spiritual life -- Society of Friends 2
- Agriculture -- Rhode Island 1
- Church and social problems -- Society of Friends 1
- Church work with African Americans 1
- Conscientious objectors 1
- Conservative Quakers 1
- Indians, treatment of 1
- Media (Pa.) 1
- Orphanages -- Egypt 1
- Quakers -- Anecdotes 1
- Quakers -- Biography 1
- Quakers -- Conduct of life 1
- Quakers -- Costume 1
- Quakers -- Diaries 1
- Quakers -- Egypt 1
- Quakers -- Iowa 1
- Quakers -- Mississippi 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Delaware County 1
- Quakers -- Race relations 1
- Quakers -- Texas 1
- Society of Friends -- Indiana 1
- Society of Friends -- Missions -- Egypt 1
- Society of Friends -- Rhode Island 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Warwick (R.I.) 1
- Women missionaries 1 ∧ less