Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview Katherine Paxson's family history/memoir, entitled "Growing Up Quaker," includes vignettes describing various events in Paxson's life, which she recorded to pass on to her family members. Includes biographical entries for her grandfathers, Isaac H. Thompson and Thomas E. Anderson; her grandmothers, Anne W. Hutton Thompson and Nancy Almina Anderson; her father, I. Walter Thompson; and her sister, Ruth Thompson Davidson. Vignettes describe Paxson's "Early Years," "Summer Days," "Twelfth Street...
Scope and Content note This collection is comprised of the single volume child’s workbook of Katherine Paxson. The volume is religious in nature, and includes various moral and religious lessons, illustrated with clippings of colored images of biblical figures.
Overview Katherine T. Paxson was a Quaker author and poet. Journal entries describe Quaker meetings, prayers and religious reflection, attendance at writing conferences and workshops, as well as visits with family and friends, and daily housework.
- Names: Paxson, Katherine Thompson X
- Quakers -- History 2
- American poetry 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Child rearing -- Religious aspects -- Society of Friends 1
- Children -- United States -- History 1
- Motherhood -- United States -- History 1
- Quaker women -- History -- 20th century 1
- Quaker women -- United States 1
- Quakers 1
- Quakers -- Diaries 1
- Quakers -- Education 1
- Quakers -- Family relationships 1
- Women -- Religious life 1
- Women authors 1
- Women in medicine 1
- autobiographies (documents) 1
- diaries 1
- manuscripts (documents) 1 ∧ less