Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview On December 4, 1915, Henry Ford and over one hundred delegates and reporters left Hoboken, New Jersey, aboard the steamship Oscar II bound for Norway, and an itinerary of peace meetings in nonbelligerant Europe. The purpose of the Henry Ford Peace Expedition was the establishment of a conference of neutral nations which would seek to implement peace proposals through continuous mediation. Although Ford left the expedition at Christiana (Oslo) for health reasons, the delegation visited European...
Identifier: SCPC-CDG-A-International Conference of Women Workers...
Identifier: SCPC-DG-043-part I
Abstract Consists of general organizational files of the national office (in Chicago) such as meeting minutes and correspondence, as well as material from the State Branches. There may be some overlap between the files of the State Branches of the WPP and of what is in the State Branch files of WILPF [see Part II, Series B]. Includes minutes, speeches, and correspondence relating to the organization conference, Jan. 1915; executive board minutes (1915-1919); correspondence (1914-1919); and membership...
Abstract Includes minutes, resolutions and general historical records; anniversary celebrations, committee minutes, literature and releases; office files from the legislative office, the finance and the executive director; includes miscellaneous records from branches, including New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania, among others; a large correspondence file includes general office correspondence as well as that of the National Organizational Secretary, the Washington Legislative Secretary, and others;...
- Names: Sewall, May Wright, 1844-1920 X
- Peace -- Congresses -- History -- Sources 3
- Women and peace -- History -- Sources 3
- Peace -- Societies, etc. -- History -- Sources 2
- Peace movements -- United States -- History -- Sources 2
- Congresses and conventions 1
- Disarmament 1
- Disarmament -- History -- Sources 1
- Mediation, International -- History -- Sources 1
- Militarism 1
- Militarism -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Pacifists -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Peace 1
- Peace -- Societies, etc. 1
- Students -- Societies, etc. -- History -- Sources 1
- Women -- Suffrage -- History -- Sources 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Congresses -- Sources 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Peace -- History -- Sources 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Peace -- Sources 1 ∧ less