Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Overview This collection contains the typed correspondence of the Baltimore Yearly Meeting.
Scope and Contents Includes Minutes and statistics of Baltimore Yearly Meeting and all of its subsidiaries in Maryland and Virginia. Also, material concerning Friends in Barbados and Europe, conscientious objectors the Separation of 1827-1828, slavery, reconstruction in the Southern states after the Civil War, Indians, Quaker education, memorials extracts from the Journal of Thomas Story, the letterbook of Robert Pleasants, and records of the Lynch family.
Overview Research relating to Quaker Meetings in Maryland by Carroll T. Sinclair, including manuscript material and photographs prepared in the mid-20th century.
Dates: circa 1962-1964
Scope and Contents This collection is composed of the single, handwritten document by an unknown author. It reads similiarly to minutes that may have been taken. It also includes a note on the inside that "The Individuals to whose names the * is attached in the following sheets were acive and influential "Hicksites" at the time or afterwards" [Emphasis theirs].
"Education of the Freedmen By Philadelphia and Baltimore Quakers During the Civil War and Reconstruction Period"
Overview Frank O. Wargny's 1947 master's thesis at John Hopkins University, entitled "Education of the Freedmen by Baltimore Quakers during the Civil War and Reconstruction Period," describes the efforts of Philadelphia and Baltimore area Quakers to provide education to freed slaves during and after the Civil War. It provides a brief history of Philadelphia area Quakers' abolition efforts prior to the Civil War, including the work of Benezet and Woolman, but the majority of the manuscript focuses on the...
Scope and Contents This collection contains typed research notes by an unknown person. Previously they were referred to as extracts, however they are not formal printed extracts. The notes are from Yearly and Monthly Meetings, including Baltimore Yearly Meeting, Indiana Yearly Meeting, and Ohio Yearly Meeting. Many of the notes either are categorized by topic, or include topical indices.
Overview This collection consists of Epistles from England, Ireland, and the United States.
Overview Contemporary copies of epistles and extracts of Yearly Meeting minutes, and of Women Friends, of London, Dublin, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Virginia, Rhode Island from 1698-1842.
Dates: 1668 - 1940
- Baltimore (Md.) 2
- Quaker women 2
- Quakers 2
- Quakers -- History 2
- Quakers -- Ireland 2
- Society of Friends -- Education 2
- Society of Friends -- Virginia -- History -- Sources 2
- minutes (administrative records) 2
- Antislavery movements -- United States 1
- Marriage -- Religious aspects -- Society of Friends 1
- Peace 1
- Quaker church buildings -- Pictorial works 1
- Quakers -- Education 1
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) 1
- Slavery -- United States 1
- Society of Friends -- Hicksite separation 1
- Society of Friends -- Maryland 1
- Society of Friends -- Virginia 1
- Temperance 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- manuscripts (documents) 1 ∧ less
- Indiana Yearly Meeting of Friends (Orthodox: 1828- ) 3
- Bettle, Samuel 2
- Ely, Ruth 2
- Evans, William, 1787-1867 2
- Rhoads, Hannah 2
- Scattergood, Joseph 2
- Dublin Yearly Meeting (Society of Friends) 1
- London Yearly Meeting (Society of Friends) 1
- New England Yearly Meeting of Friends 1
- North Carolina Yearly Meeting of Friends (1698- ) 1
- Ohio Yearly Meeting 1
- Pemberton, James, 1723-1809 1
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends Library 1
- Pleasants, Robert, 1723-1801 1
- Rhode Island Yearly Meeting (Society of Friends) 1
- Sinclair, Carroll T. 1
- Story, Thomas, 1662-1742 1
- Taylor family 1
- Taylor, Thomas 1
- Wargny, Frank O. 1
- Yearly Meeting of Friends, held in Virginia 1 ∧ less