Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Overview Friendly Open House was a senior citizens group founded in 1949 in Swarthmore, Pa., under the name "Older Persons Open House." In 1951, the name was changed to Friendly Open House. The group met in the Swarthmore Presbyterian Church with financial support from other local churches and organizations. The purpose was to provide stimulating programs and offer various activities and projects. The final meeting was in May 1996. An women's all-volunteer Sponsor Committee organized the program.