Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview This collection contains the records of Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College, Quaker reference library and archives, founded in 1871. Included are administrative records and correspondence, primarily that of the librarians and other staff, and miscellaneous records.
Overview Albert Lamborn Green (1845-1947) was a Quaker Indian Agent for the Otoe Agency in Nebraska during the period of President Grant's "peace policy," 1869-1872. The bulk of the correspondence in this collection is comprised of letters written to Green from Philadelphia Friends in regard to gifts in support of Indian work. Later letters written by Green describe from memory the social life and customs of the Otoe Indians. The collection has information on the Otoe language, vocabulary, etc., and...
Overview John Russell Hayes (1866-1945) was a Quaker educator, poet, and Librarian of Swarthmore College, 1906-1927 and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College, 1927-1935. The collection contains letters received by Hayes, 1887-1936, diaries covering the period 1880-1935, and miscellaneous papers including an album of collected manuscript samples of contemporary poets. The diaries include poetry and cover personal and Swarthmore College activities and concerns.
Overview Charles F. Jenkins (1864-1951) was a prominent Quaker who was involved with Green Street Monthly Meeting, the American Friends Service Committee, the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (1919-1934), and Friends Intelligencer. He was also a Manager of Swarthmore College for 40 years and President of the Board from 1933 to 1944. Includes correspondence about "Signers' Walk" at Far Country, 1939-46, and general correspondence, 1897-1947, relating to Swarthmore College, Quaker Meetings, William Penn,...
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 3
- Altar of Good Will 1
- American poetry 1
- Church work with Indians -- Society of Friends 1
- Church work with the poor -- Society of Friends 1
- Germantown (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Horticulture -- Pennsylvania 1
- Indians of North America -- Government relations -- 1869-1934 1
- Indians of North America -- Missions 1
- Indians of North America -- Nebraska 1
- Libraries -- Pennsylvania 1
- Oto Indians 1
- Pennsylvania -- Archival resources 1
- Poetry 1
- Quaker authors 1
- Quakers -- Ireland 1
- Quakers -- Nebraska 1
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 1
- Quakers -- Social service -- United States 1
- Quakers -- Tortola 1
- Society of Friends -- History 1
- Society of Friends -- Indian affairs 1
- Society of Friends -- Nebraska 1
- Society of Friends -- Poetry 1
- Society of Friends -- Reunification 1
- Swarthmore (Pa.) 1
- United States Declaration of Independence -- Signers 1
- diaries 1 ∧ less