Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview The Hicks family was a Long Island, New York, Quaker family with extensive connections to prominent members of the Society of Friends. The collection contains correspondence, mostly relating to Quaker concerns, received by Isaac Hicks (1815-1900) and others; genealogical research of Benjamin D. Hicks, and miscellaneous collected papers concerning the Society of Friends and Swarthmore College.
Overview William I. Hull, a Quaker pacifist, taught history at Swarthmore College from 1892 until his death in 1939. He was the Librarian of Friends Historical Library and also authored numerous books and articles, particularly on the subjects of Quakers in Holland, William Penn, peace, and international relations. The Papers contain correspondence (1900-1939), diaries (1892-1939), published and unpublished writings, papers relating to conferences and committees in which he participated, reference...
Dates: 1843-1939 (bulk 1900-1939)
Overview William I. Hull, a Quaker pacifist, taught history at Swarthmore College from 1892 until his death in 1939. He was the Librarian of Friends Historical Library and also authored numerous books and articles, particularly on the subjects of Quakers in Holland, William Penn, peace, and international relations. This collection consists of glass plate negatives assembled for use in Hull's writings for the series Swarthmore College Monographs on Quaker History. Many pertain...
Dates: 1892 - 1939
Overview Charles F. Jenkins (1864-1951) was a prominent Quaker who was involved with Green Street Monthly Meeting, the American Friends Service Committee, the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (1919-1934), and Friends Intelligencer. He was also a Manager of Swarthmore College for 40 years and President of the Board from 1933 to 1944. Includes correspondence about "Signers' Walk" at Far Country, 1939-46, and general correspondence, 1897-1947, relating to Swarthmore College, Quaker Meetings, William Penn,...
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 2
- Arms control 1
- Conscientious objection -- World War, 1914-1918 1
- Disarmament -- Netherlands 1
- Disarmament -- Religious aspects -- Society of Friends -- History -- Sources 1
- Friesland (Netherlands) -- History 1
- Germantown (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Horticulture -- Pennsylvania 1
- Peace -- Religious aspects 1
- Peace Movements -- Congresses 1
- Quaker authors 1
- Quakers -- Ireland 1
- Quakers -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Quakers -- Tortola 1
- Society of Friends -- History 1
- Society of Friends -- Netherlands 1
- Society of Friends -- New York (State) 1
- Society of Friends -- Reunification 1
- United States Declaration of Independence -- Signers 1
- Universities and colleges -- Pennsylvania -- History 1 ∧ less