Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Collection — Container: Folder
Overview The collectionn contains Mekeel's notes and abstracts concerning Quaker meetings in the Scipio and Farmington Quarterly Meetings of New York Yearly Meeting, particularly concerning the various nineteenth century Orthodox separations. There is also a small group of correspondence focused on Quaker meeting records.
Dates: 1946 - 1968
Overview In 1983, Anne Marie Eriksson (formerly Anne Marie Townsend) and husband Erik Eriksson helped found the Incest Survivors Resource Network International (ISRNI), a Quaker witness educational resource for incest survivors. After 15 years of operation, the firm filed for dissolution on June 5, 1998. The organization became a committee of the New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. ISRNI was a survivor-initiated organization that encouraged coordinated intervention and...
Overview This collection contains personal photographs taken by Roy Moger of places, persons, and events concerning New York Yearly Meeting in the 1960s. Of special interest are photographs of the meeeting houses, the March on Washington and a Memorial for the Children of Birmingham.
Overview This collection consists of 1 folder, dating from approximately 1965-1975, of anonymous travel photographs capturing travel sites and activities. There are some photographs of Friends meetings in progress as well as general group photos.
Dates: 1965 - 1975
Overview The collection contains a small number of miscellaneous papers relating to efforts within New York Yearly Meeting to support the manumission of enslaved people, abolition, and education of formerly enslaved people, 1778-1870. Most are copies of reports presented to New York Monthly Meeting or to the Yearly Meeting, compiled as a reference file.
Dates: 1778 - 1870
Abstract Contains a document listing the Sufferings of Friends belonging to Flushing Monthly Meeting given to the Committee appointed to inspect the Sufferings of Friends, 1782. Also, accounts submitted by individuals and related epistles, 1775 and 1778, from London and Philadelphia Yearly Meetings.
Overview The Amna C. Stabler Family Papers are a collection of miscellaneous manuscripts relating to Quakers and the Society of Friends in southeastern New York State.
Abstract Contains five letters from Quaker educator Joseph Talcot, including one to New York Yearly Meeting for Sufferings and four to Samuel Parsons (1744-1841), long-time elder and clerk of New York Yearly Meeting. The letters deal with concerns of the Meeting for Suffering and providing literature to Friends in remote quarterly meetings.
Abstract The collections contains correspondence between Daniel P. Whitley with Friends in New York Meeting concerning issues of faith. Primary correspondent is Joseph A. Vlaskamp, General Secretary of the Yearly Meeting.
- Society of Friends -- New York (State) 4
- Society of Friends -- New York (State) -- History 3
- Quakers -- New York (State) 2
- Society of Friends -- New York (State) -- New York 2
- Child Sexual Abuse -- United States 1
- Family violence -- United States 1
- Flushing (New York, N.Y.) -- History 1
- Incest 1
- Incest -- Religious aspects -- Society of Friends 1
- Incest victims -- Mental health 1
- Lay ministry -- Society of Friends 1
- New York (State) -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 1
- Nonprofit organizations -- United States 1
- Quaker church buildings 1
- Quaker church buildings -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Quaker educators 1
- Quakers -- Abolitionists 1
- Quakers -- Education 1
- Quakers -- New York (State) -- History -- Sources 1
- Quakers -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Quakers -- New York (State) -- New York -- History 1
- Quakers -- Persecutions 1
- Quakers -- Slavery -- Anti-slavery movements 1
- Quakers -- Social service 1
- Seneca Indians -- New York (State) 1
- Sex crimes -- United States 1
- Sexual deviation 1
- Society of Friends -- Antislavery movement 1
- Society of Friends -- Clergy 1
- Society of Friends -- Congresses 1
- Society of Friends -- Doctrines 1
- Society of Friends -- Hicksite separation 1
- Society of Friends -- Peace testimony 1
- Society of Friends -- Schisms and separations 1
- Society of Friends -- Sufferings 1
- Travel -- 20th century 1
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 1
- War -- Religious aspects -- Society of Friends 1 ∧ less
- Parsons, Samuel, 1774-1841 3
- Monthly Meeting of New York (Society of Friends : approximately 1671-1828 : New York, N.Y.) 2
- New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Meeting for Sufferings 2
- Bowne family 1
- Bowne, John, 1627-1695 1
- Eriksson, Anne Marie 1
- Eriksson, Erik 1
- Hicks, Elias, 1748-1830 1
- Hunt family 1
- Incest Survivors Resource Network International 1
- Las Cruces Monthly Meeting of Friends 1
- Mekeel, Amy Grace, 1885-1976 1
- Moger, Roy W. (Roy William), 1906-1990 1
- New York Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends (Hicksite : 1828-1957 : New York, N.Y.) 1
- New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends (Hicksite: 1828-1955) 1
- New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends (Orthodox : 1828-1955). Farmington Quarterly Meeting (1828-1955) 1
- New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends (Orthodox : 1828-1955). Scipio Quarterly Meeting 1
- New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Scipio Quarterly Meeting 1
- Stabler, Amna C. 1
- Tallcot, Joseph, 1768-1853 1
- Vlaskamp, Joseph A., 1929-2001 1
- Whitley, Daniel P., 1945- 1 ∧ less