Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview This collection contains personal photographs taken by Roy Moger of places, persons, and events concerning New York Yearly Meeting in the 1960s. Of special interest are photographs of the meeeting houses, the March on Washington and a Memorial for the Children of Birmingham.
Overview The collection contains a small number of miscellaneous papers relating to efforts within New York Yearly Meeting to support the manumission of enslaved people, abolition, and education of formerly enslaved people, 1778-1870. Most are copies of reports presented to New York Monthly Meeting or to the Yearly Meeting, compiled as a reference file.
Dates: 1778 - 1870
Abstract The collections contains correspondence between Daniel P. Whitley with Friends in New York Meeting concerning issues of faith. Primary correspondent is Joseph A. Vlaskamp, General Secretary of the Yearly Meeting.
- Lay ministry -- Society of Friends 1
- Quaker church buildings 1
- Quakers -- Abolitionists 1
- Quakers -- New York (State) -- History -- Sources 1
- Quakers -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Quakers -- Slavery -- Anti-slavery movements 1
- Society of Friends -- Antislavery movement 1
- Society of Friends -- Clergy 1
- Society of Friends -- Congresses 1
- Society of Friends -- Doctrines 1
- Society of Friends -- Schisms and separations 1 ∧ less
- Moger, Roy W. (Roy William), 1906-1990 1
- Parsons, Samuel, 1774-1841 1
- Vlaskamp, Joseph A., 1929-2001 1
- Whitley, Daniel P., 1945- 1