Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract This collection includes manuscripts relating to the establishment of Fair Hill Boarding School by the Baltimore Yearly Meeting. Included are documents concerning the purchase of land, distribution of the Fair Hill Fund, and lists of rules for Westtown and Nine Partners Boarding Schools. These materials reflect Quaker views of education and their objectives in the establishment of Quaker schools. Especially interesting is a letter from Ann King relating the efforts of Nine Partners School to...
Abstract The collection contains journals and two commonplace books, business papers, and a few family letters. It includes a small journal written by a young woman (unknown) on a trip from New York City to Poughkeepsie, 6 month 1835; an album, 1834, which contains a list of the scholars and teachers at Nine Partners Boarding School, and an undated commonplace book containing copies of Quaker sermons and other writings. A Friends Pocket Almanac for the year 1857 contains brief notes concerning family...
- Quakers -- New York (State) -- New York -- History 2
- Quakers -- United States -- History 2
- Quakers -- Education 1
- Quakers -- Maryland 1
- Quakers -- United States -- Social life and customs 1
- Society of Friends -- Education 1
- Society of Friends -- New York (State) -- Dutchess County 1
- Society of Friends -- Sermons 1 ∧ less
- Arnold family 1
- Baltimore Yearly Meeting of Friends (Hicksite : 1828-1968). Committee on Education 1
- Baltimore Yearly Meeting of Friends (Hicksite : 1828-1968). Fair Hill Fund 1
- Bentley, Caleb, 1761?-1851 1
- Canby, Whitson, 1751?-1823 1