Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract Contains miscellaneous papers relating to Moses Bailey, including his draft essay on Alexander C. Purdy, a letter to him from Rufus Jones concerning an Arabic translation by George Keith, and a mimeographed draft of Hannah J. Bailey's 1902 annual address to the Winthrop Women's Christian Temperance Union with her editing.
Overview This small collection contains the minutes of the Gasport branch of the Woman's Christian Temperance Union, 1912-1927, and financial records, 1927-1967. While the group was non-sectarian, many of its members belonged to Hartland (Gasport) Monthly Meeting.
Abstract The collection contains papers of the George Hull family of Gasport, New York. It includes sermons by George Hull dated 1913, miscellaneous Gasport Friends Church notices, 1910-1930; acknowledgements for donations to Friends Relief Mission, 1920-1921; family prohibition concert poster and other temperance ephemera; postcards of Quaker meeting houses; and miscellaneous material.
Abstract This collection includes letters received by Laura Lippincott Pancoast regarding the movement for temperance and women's suffrage. Letters refer to Francis B. Willard, and describe in detail the activities and philosophies of J. Ellen Foster. Letters discuss the issue of the WCTU's involvement with party policies. Correspondents include Anna H. Shaw, Anna A. Gordon, and J. Ellen Foster.
- Temperance -- New York (State) 2
- Gasport (N.Y.) 1
- Hull family 1
- Lay ministry -- Society of Friends 1
- Prohibition -- New York (State) 1
- Quaker women -- New York (State) 1
- Quakers -- Connecticut 1
- Quakers -- Education 1
- Quakers -- New Jersey 1
- Quakers -- New York (State) 1
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 1
- Religious educators 1
- Society of Friends -- Clergy 1
- Society of Friends -- United States -- History -- 19th century 1
- Temperance 1
- Temperance and religion -- Society of Friends 1
- Women -- Suffrage -- New Jersey 1 ∧ less
- Bailey, Hannah J. (Hannah Johnston), 1839-1923 1
- Bailey, Moses, 1892-1994 1
- Foster, J. Ellen (Judith Ellen), 1840-1910 1
- Gordon, Anna A. (Anna Adams), 1853-1931 1
- Hartland Monthly Meeting of Friends (1955- : Gasport, N.Y.) 1