Skip to main content Skip to search results
Archives & Manuscripts

Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4

Charles F. (Charles Francis) Jenkins Papers

 Collection
Identifier: SFHL-RG5-073
Overview Charles F. Jenkins (1864-1951) was a prominent Quaker who was involved with Green Street Monthly Meeting, the American Friends Service Committee, the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (1919-1934), and Friends Intelligencer. He was also a Manager of Swarthmore College for 40 years and President of the Board from 1933 to 1944. Includes correspondence about "Signers' Walk" at Far Country, 1939-46, and general correspondence, 1897-1947, relating to Swarthmore College, Quaker Meetings, William Penn,...
Dates: 1865-1950

Painter Family Papers

 Collection
Identifier: SFHL-RG5-110
Overview The Painter family was an early Pennsylvania Quaker family that married into the Minshall family of Delaware County. In 1681, William Penn granted Thomas Minshall a land tract which now includes the Tyler Arboretum. The property was home to eight generations of the same family. The collection includes family correspondence, business and legal papers, property records, papers on interests and concerns of the Painter brothers, genealogical papers, and miscellaneous deeds and other papers...
Dates: 1687-1948

Scott Arboretum of Swarthmore College slide collection

 Collection
Identifier: SFHL-PA-111
Overview The Arthur Hoyt Scott Horticultural Foundation was established at Swarthmore College in 1929 as a memorial to Arthur Hoyt Scott (1874-1927). The intention of the Foundation was to focus on plantings appropriate to Eastern Pennsylvania, creating a practical "garden of ideas" for amateur gardeners while at the same time improving the campus. The name changed to Scott Arboretum of Swarthmore College in 1986. This collection consists of slides of plants, the Scott Arboretum, Arboretum employees,...
Dates: 1925 - 2005

Swarthmore Horticultural Society Records

 Collection
Identifier: SHS-RG7-020
Overview Contains the records of the Swarthmore Horticultural Society, founded in 2001 and dedicated to enhancing the public spaces in the Borough of Swarthmore, Delaware County, PA.
Dates: 2002-2017