Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 14
Overview The Chester Friends Association was established in Chester, Pennsylvania, in 1901 as a society to study Quaker history and literature. This collection contains the record book of Chester Friends Association, a society to study Quaker history and literature. The volume contains minutes, constitution, and by-laws.
Overview The Byberry Friends Association was a Quaker group which met monthly in Byberry, Pa, to hear papers on a variety of topics and to discuss issues of the day. This collection contains the records of the Friends Association of Byberry, 1900-1932.
Overview Friends Circle, a Quaker study and social group, was established in Baltimore, Maryland, in 1884. The group met regularly to discuss topics of mutual interest. The collection contains four volumes of bound minutes, 1884-1896.
Overview The Friends Literary and Library Association was a Hicksite Quaker organization formed in New York City in 1880 to provide the opportunity for mutual improvement in religious and literary subjects. Records from 1880 to 1906 include minutes, treasurers' records, and library catalogues.
Overview Friends Reading Circle of Media was a Quaker book group established in 1877 in Media, Pennsylvania, for the purpose of discussing Quaker and other religious writings and as a social gathering for Friends. This collection contains its minutes, 1877-1891. Also included are minutes of the Friends Reading Circle for the Northern District, 1875-1876, whose secretary, Elton B. Gifford, moved to the Media area in 1877.
Overview Friends Social Lyceum, a Quaker social and study group, was established by 1872 in Wilmington, Delaware. This collection contains the minutes, 1872-1881, in two bound volumes.
Overview Friends Social Union was a Hicksite Quaker social club established in 1907 in Ambler, Pennsylvania. The collection contains minutes, 1907 1924.
Abstract One manuscript volume of short features, local news, and editorials produced by the rotating editors of the Middletown Lyceum, a literary and social club in Delaware County, Pennsylvania.
Overview The Delphic Literary Society was a Swarthmore College men's literary society established in 1874. In 1913, the group merged with the Eunomian Society to became the Athenaeum. Records include the Delphic Literary Society's constitution, histories of the group, minutes, library and financial records, censor's accounts, miscellaneous papers and scattered issues from 1890 to 1902 of the Delphic Chronicle and Delphic Oracle.
Overview The Eunomian Literary Society was a men's debating and speaking club founded at Swarthmore College, Pa., in 1871. In 1913, the group merged with the Delphic Literary Society, forming the Athenaeum. Records include minutes from 1871 to May 1913. Also includes printed copies of the constitution and by-laws and correspondence from 1872 to 1900.
- Quakers -- Societies, etc. 10
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 9
- Society of Friends -- History -- Societies, etc. 4
- Debates and debating -- Societies, etc. 2
- Quakers -- New Jersey -- Trenton 2
- Society of Friends -- New Jersey -- Trenton 2
- Student Activities 2
- Byberry (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Delaware County (Pa.) -- Clubs 1
- Lucretia Mott Scholarship 1
- Martha F. Tyson Scholarship 1
- Quakers -- Delaware -- Wilmington 1
- Quakers -- Maryland -- Baltimore 1
- Quakers -- New Jersey -- Mercer County 1
- Quakers -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Ambler 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Chester 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Media 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Montgomery County 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1
- Societies -- New Jersey -- Trenton 1
- Society of Friends -- Adult education 1
- Society of Friends -- Doctrines -- History 1
- Society of Friends -- Education 1
- Society of Friends -- History 1
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania -- Ambler 1
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania -- Chester 1
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania -- Media -- Societies, etc. 1
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1
- Society of Friends -- Societies, etc. 1
- Students -- Social life and customs 1
- The Delphic Chronicle 1
- The Delphic Oracle 1 ∧ less
- Swarthmore College 4
- Atkinson, Caroline J., 1881-1953 1
- Byberry Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends 1
- Carter, Arabella, 1867- 1
- Chester Friends Association (Chester, Pa.) 1
- Cox, John, 1860-1951 1
- Delphic Literary Society 1
- Friends Association of Byberry 1
- Friends Circle (Organization) (Baltimore, Md.) 1
- Friends Literary and Library Association of New York 1
- Friends Reading Circle for the Northern District 1
- Friends Reading Circle of Media 1
- Friends Social Lyceum (Wilmington, De.) 1
- Friends Social Union (Ambler, Pa.) 1
- Gwynedd Monthly Meeting of Friends (Hicksite : 1827-1936) 1
- Hutchinson, J. William 1
- McDowell, Mary J. 1
- Middletown Lyceum (Delaware Co., Pa.) 1
- Satterthwaite, Laura H., d.1942 1
- Smith, Benjamin, b. 1840 1
- Somerville Literary Society 1
- Swarthmore College. Eunomian Literary Society 1
- Trenton Friends Association (Trenton, N.J.) 1
- Trenton Friends Literary Society 1
- Underhill, Rachel W., 1844-1923 1
- Union Lyceum (Montgomery Co., Pa.) 1 ∧ less