Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Overview Bliss Forbush (1896-1987), Quaker educator, administrator, and author, served as the Headmaster of Baltimore Friends School, Chairman of Friends General Conference, and Executive Secretary of Baltimore Monthly Meeting. The collection contains many of his scrapbooks, including “A Forbush Chronicle” is the three volume manuscript 1896-1976, with additions to 1979, of his autobiography. Also in this collection are the manuscripts of Elias Hicks, Quaker Liberal, and A History of Baltimore Yearly...
Dates: circa 1915-1945
Overview Bliss Forbush (1896-1987), Quaker educator, administrator, and author, was born in 1896 and died in 1987. Bliss Forbush served as a member of the American Section of the World Council of Churches, 1941-1951, representing Friends General Conference and as a delegate to the first Assembly of the World Council of Churches in 1948. This collection contains primarily minutes, leaflets, and articles printed in Quaker and other periodicals, relating to the World Council of Churches and possible...
- Baltimore (Md.) -- Quakers 1
- Interdenominational cooperation 1
- Quakers -- Education 1
- Quakers -- Maryland 1
- Quakers -- Societies, etc. 1
- Schools -- Maryland -- Baltimore 1 ∧ less
- Baltimore Monthly Meeting (Society of Friends : Hicksite : 1864-1950 : Baltimore, Md.) 1
- Baltimore Yearly Meeting of Friends (Hicksite: 1828-1968) 1
- Forbush, La Verne, 1894-1990 1
- Friends School (Baltimore, Md.) 1
- Sheppard and Enoch Pratt Hospital 1
- World Council of Churches 1 ∧ less