Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Overview Sarah Hopper Palmer (1796-1885) was the eldest child of Isaac T. Hopper (1771-1852), noted Hicksite Quaker abolitionist and social reformer. The collection was apparently compiled as a basis for Lydia Maria Child's Life of Isaac T. Hopper, which was first published in 1853. The original manuscript of the published book is included in the collection. The collection contains material on the Palmer, Hunn and Jenkins families, family correspondence, legal and...
- Library: Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College X
- Subject: Quakers -- New York (State) X
- Subject: Quakers -- New York (State) -- New York X
- Names: Hopper, Isaac T. (Isaac Tatem), 1771-1852 X
- Names: New York Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends (Hicksite : 1828-1957 : New York, N.Y.) X