Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Collection — Container: Folder
Overview The collectionn contains Mekeel's notes and abstracts concerning Quaker meetings in the Scipio and Farmington Quarterly Meetings of New York Yearly Meeting, particularly concerning the various nineteenth century Orthodox separations. There is also a small group of correspondence focused on Quaker meeting records.
Dates: 1946 - 1968
Overview Samuel Bowne Haines (1834-1913) was a banker and a minister in New York Monthly Meeting. The collection contains family correspondence (1859-1869), expense book of Samuel B. Haines, and Quaker manuscripts, possibly by Mary Caley. Also includes genealogical and biographical materials on the Haines, Gaskill, and related families.
Abstract Constitution and minutes, 1889-1893, of Rutherford Literary.
Abstract Contains the constitution and a list of members, 1870-1872, of the Whittier Literary Society.
Abstract The collection contains journals and two commonplace books, business papers, and a few family letters. It includes a small journal written by a young woman (unknown) on a trip from New York City to Poughkeepsie, 6 month 1835; an album, 1834, which contains a list of the scholars and teachers at Nine Partners Boarding School, and an undated commonplace book containing copies of Quaker sermons and other writings. A Friends Pocket Almanac for the year 1857 contains brief notes concerning family...
- Quakers -- New York (State) -- New York -- History 3
- Quakers -- New York (State) -- New York -- History -- 19th century 3
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 3
- Quakers -- United States -- History 2
- Quakers -- Genealogy 1
- Quakers -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Quakers -- United States -- Social life and customs 1
- Secretaries -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. 1
- Society of Friends -- Education 1
- Society of Friends -- Hicksite separation 1
- Society of Friends -- New York (State) 1
- Society of Friends -- New York (State) -- Dutchess County 1
- Society of Friends -- Sermons 1 ∧ less
- Nine-Partners' Boarding School (Washington, N.Y.) 2
- Arnold family 1
- Bowery Savings Bank of New York 1
- Carpenter family 1
- Gaskell family 1
- Haines family 1
- Haines, Samuel B. (Samuel Bowne), 1834-1913 1
- Mekeel, Amy Grace, 1885-1976 1
- New York Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends (Hicksite : 1828-1957 : New York, N.Y.) 1
- New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends 1
- New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends (Orthodox : 1828-1955). Farmington Quarterly Meeting (1828-1955) 1
- New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends (Orthodox : 1828-1955). Scipio Quarterly Meeting 1
- New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Scipio Quarterly Meeting 1
- Rutherford Literary (Association : New York, N.Y.) 1
- Townsend, Richard H., 1804- 1
- Whittier Literary Society (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Wing family 1
- Wing family (Dutchess County, N.Y.) 1 ∧ less