Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview Friends Reading Circle of Media was a Quaker book group established in 1877 in Media, Pennsylvania, for the purpose of discussing Quaker and other religious writings and as a social gathering for Friends. This collection contains its minutes, 1877-1891. Also included are minutes of the Friends Reading Circle for the Northern District, 1875-1876, whose secretary, Elton B. Gifford, moved to the Media area in 1877.
Overview Media Friends Association, a Quaker study and social group, was established in 1894 in Media, Pennsylvania, by members of Providence Preparative Meeting (Hicksite). The goal of the Association was to further discussion and knowledge of the history and testimonies of Friends, and the meetings, which included reports, papers, and readings, were open to all who were interested. The collection contains one volume of minutes, with constitution and by-laws included.
Overview The Temperance Association of Friends of Media was a Quaker temperance association in Media, Pennsylvania, established in 1883. The records include the constitution, minutes, financial records, correspondence, and related papers.
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 2
- Quakers -- Societies, etc. 2
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania -- Media -- Societies, etc. 2
- Literature -- Societies, etc. 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Media -- Social life and customs 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Delaware County 1
- Society of Friends -- History 1
- Temperance -- Pennsylvania -- Societies, etc. 1 ∧ less
- Friends Reading Circle for the Northern District (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Friends Reading Circle of Media (Pa.) 1
- Media Friends' Association (Media, Pa.) 1
- Providence Preparative Meeting of Friends (Media, Pa.) 1
- Temperance Association of Friends of Media (Media, Pa.) 1