Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract This collection of miscellaneous papers includes Johnson's personal letters to fellow members of Green Street Monthly Meeting, minutes of a reading group, and copies of Quaker manuscripts: 8 ALsS, 1870-1879, to Ann Reeves; minutes of a reading circle, ca. 1870-1874 which include topics and discussions; ms copy of a vision described by Mary Levis at a Women's Yearly Meeting in 1843; ms copy by Harrison Streeter, 1868, of Joseph Hoag's 1803 vision; 2 ALsS, 1884, from Johnson to H. and K.S.; brief...
Abstract Richard Price's letters to fellow Hicksite Quaker John Watson provide a rich account of the Hicksite-Orthodox Separation with references and comments on many of the personalities involved: Elias Hicks, William Wharton, Jonathan Evans, as well as visiting Quaker ministers including George Truman, Lucretia Mott, Ann Jones, Mary and Susan Cox, and Martha Smith. Price also wrote a detailed account of the Proceedings of the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting, 1848. The collection contains a small number of...
Dates: 1826-1867-1826-1848 (bulk)
- Society of Friends -- Hicksite separation 2
- Society of Friends -- Schisms and separations 2
- Church controversies -- Society of Friends 1
- Quakers -- United States 1
- Society of Friends -- United States -- History -- 19th century 1
- Monthly Meeting of Friends of Philadelphia (Hicksite) 2
- Foulke, Elizabeth 1
- Green Street Monthly Meeting of Friends (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Hanna, Benjamin, 1779-1853 1
- Johnson, Jane, 1803-1884 1