Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview Charles F. Jenkins (1864-1951) was a prominent Quaker who was involved with Green Street Monthly Meeting, the American Friends Service Committee, the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (1919-1934), and Friends Intelligencer. He was also a Manager of Swarthmore College for 40 years and President of the Board from 1933 to 1944. Includes correspondence about "Signers' Walk" at Far Country, 1939-46, and general correspondence, 1897-1947, relating to Swarthmore College, Quaker Meetings, William Penn,...
Overview Charles F. Jenkins (1864-1951) was a prominent Quaker who was involved with Green Street Monthly Meeting, the American Friends Service Committee, the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (1919-1934), and Friends Intelligencer. He was also a Manager of Swarthmore College for 40 years and President of the Board from 1933 to 1944. He is also the author of "Tortola: A Quaker Experiment of Long Ago in the Tropics". This collection contains primarily lantern slides, both...
Dates: 1910 - 1950
Overview The Vaux family was a prominent Philadelphia Quaker family active in a number of charitable concerns, particularly as relate to the education of African-Americans. This collection includes papers from three George Vauxes: 1832-1915, 1863-1927, and 1908-1996, spanning a little over a century from the 1890s to the 1990s. There are administrative documents from the Institute of Colored Youth (later known as the Richard Humphreys Foundation), Friends Freedmens Association, and the Emlen...
- Jenkins, Charles Francis, 1865-1951 2
- Emlen Institution for the Benefit of Children of African and Indian Descent (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Friends Freedmen's Association 1
- Hayes, John Russell, 1866-1945 1
- Henderson, Archibald, 1877-1963 1
- Hull, William I. (William Isaac), 1868-1939 1
- Institute for Colored Youth (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Jeanes, Anna T. (Anna Thomas), 1822-1907 1
- Jenkins family (Jenkins, Jabez, 1792-1858) 1
- Library of the Society of Friends (London Yearly Meeting) 1
- McCracken, George Englert, -1904 1
- Pearson, Paul M. (Paul Martin), 1871-1938 1
- Penn, William, 1644-1718 1
- Richard Humphreys Foundation 1
- Swarthmore College 1
- Vaux, George, III, 1909-1996 1
- Vaux, George, Jr., 1863-1927 1
- Vaux, George, 1832-1915 1
- Welcome Society of Pennsylvania 1 ∧ less