Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract This is an artificial collection of papers concerning John Jackson, his spiritual teachings, and his religious mission to the West Indies. Included are essays by an unknown author, regarding John Jackson's views on Quaker ministry and doctrine as presented in his work"A Dissertation.. on Christian Ministry." An eight part manuscript entitled "Some account of the life and labors of John Jackson" is also unsigned. Also included is a bound volume of copies of letters written by John Jackson to his...
Abstract This collection consists of documents relating to the withdrawal of Elizabeth Sellers from the Society of Friends and her subsequent disownment. Included is a letter from to Darby Monthly Meeting explaining her reasons for leaving the Society of Friends. In the letter she accuses Quakers of failing to take action on issues of temperance, pacifism, and abolition. Also included are genealogical notes on the Sellers family.
Dates: 1845-1851 & n.d
- Lay ministry -- Society of Friends 1
- Pacifism -- Religious aspects -- Society of Friends 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 1
- Society of Friends -- Hicksite separation 1
- Society of Friends -- Missions -- West Indies 1
- Chester Monthly Meeting of Friends (Hicksite : 1827-1934) 1
- Darby Monthly Meeting of Friends (Hicksite : 1827-1955) 1
- Jackson, John, 1809-1855 1
- Jackson, Rachel, 1807?-1883 1
- Sellers family 1
- Sellers, Elizabeth, 1821-1898 1 ∧ less