Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract Religious tracts and reprints and children's books with some manuscript inscriptions, published and sold by Mahlon Day, a New York Orthodox Quaker.
Abstract This is an artificial collection of papers concerning John Jackson, his spiritual teachings, and his religious mission to the West Indies. Included are essays by an unknown author, regarding John Jackson's views on Quaker ministry and doctrine as presented in his work"A Dissertation.. on Christian Ministry." An eight part manuscript entitled "Some account of the life and labors of John Jackson" is also unsigned. Also included is a bound volume of copies of letters written by John Jackson to his...
- Children's literature 1
- Children's poetry 1
- Conscientious objectors -- Virginia 1
- Lay ministry -- Society of Friends 1
- Quaker printers 1
- Society of Friends -- Doctrines 1
- Society of Friends -- Missions -- West Indies 1
- West Indies -- Description and travel 1 ∧ less
- Bates, Benjamin, 1769-1812 1
- Day, Mahlon 1
- Jackson, John, 1809-1855 1
- Jackson, Rachel, 1807?-1883 1
- Monthly Meeting of New York (Society of Friends : Orthodox : New York, N.Y.) 1