Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Overview The Central Employment Association, a women's charity, was established circa 1840 in Philadelphia by Hicksite Quakers as the Northern Female Association for the Relief of the Sick and Infirm Poor. The collection contains the charter and by-laws, work and financial records, and correspondence, 1840-1942.
Overview The Female Association of Philadelphia for the Relief of the Sick and Infirm Poor with Clothing was a Quaker charity founded in 1828 to distribute clothing and provide other assistance to the sick and poor of Philadelphia. It went out of existence in 1975.
- Clothing and dress 1
- Patients -- Clothing 1
- Poor -- Employment -- Pennsylvania 1
- Quaker women -- Charities 1
- Quaker women -- Pennsylvania -- Societies and clubs 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Poor -- Services for 1
- Quakers -- Societies, etc. 1
- Sick -- Employment -- Pennsylvania 1
- account books 1 ∧ less
- Central Employment Association (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Northern Female Association for the Relief of the Sick and Infirm Poor (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1